Tuesday Was As Plain As The Sahara Desert

It is now Wednesday morning, the 8th of December, the "real" birthday of my eldest son Yusef. As I wrote earlier in the week, he was celebrating his birthday in school a day earlier. Today at home, his Mom Evelyn would prepare some food for the kids in the neighborhood as well as the holding of party games such as the "pabitin", which is an all-time favorite for the kiddie visitors. This may be an eventful day for my kids. In the afternoon, I plan to attend the "Midweek Mass" in St. Joseph Church and I hope nothing would hinder this specific itinerary.

Yesterday was Tuesday, and it was so plain and uneventful that I wasn't able to ponder upon any interesting thing to write about in the Daily Prophet. I guess, this would serve as a disclaimer that although the title of this blog contains the term "daily", the entries may not be so, since some days are better than others. Perhaps, I could retitle this site as "The Not Too Daily Prophet". Or maybe not.

Not that Tuesday was such an absolutely and mercifully ordinary day. Some unordinary things occurred yesterday, like me going to the cake shop to order Yusef's chocolate chiffon for his big day today. My brother Nasrullah was around this morning. I brought Yves' bicycle to the shop for some repairs (it had needed a lot of acetylenes).

And yet, despite the number of break in routines, Tuesday was a low in terms of subjects to write about. I have read no issues wanting urgent scrutiny. I have seen no event worth thorough analyzing and I have not witnessed any incident worth crying out loud for.

Some days are better than others. I hope you take proper notice.

Let me leave you a verse in the Bible that inspires the heart. From Psalm 26, Verses 1: "JUDGE ME O Lord; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the Lord; therefore I shall not slide."

Post a Comment

0 Comments